Dr. Sasikumar .S
Professor & Research Co-ordinator
BSc(N)., MSc (Psychology)., MSc(N)., MPhil(N) ,Ph.D (Nursing)
He has completed his under graduate and post graduate in nursing under The Tamil Nadu DR. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai. He awarded Master of Philosophy [MPhil (N)] in Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal University, MAHE. He also pursuing PhD Nursing, in Saveetha University, Chennai. His areas of interest in teaching – Medical surgical nursing, Nursing research, and Statistics. He has also organised and conducted national level work shop and being participated in various CNE programmes, workshop and seminar.
Department : Nursing Research
Date of Joining:
Clinic: Medical ICU(1year )
Teaching: GNM, BSc, MSc (12 years)
Any other: Guiding MSc (N) students
Specialization : Medical Surgical Nursing
- Best research award by Manipal University (MCON)-2011
- Trained Nurses Association of India
- Nursing Journal of India
- Chanda sah, Sasikumar (2018). Effectiveness of Heparin, Glycerin magnesium sulphate and moist heat application on infiltration and extravasation among IV cannulation patients. The Nursing Journal of India. 109(1):12-14.
- Sasikumar S, Fathima Latheef and R Vijayaraghavan (2017). Effects of mindfulness based stress reduction on blood pressure among type 2 diabetics. The Nursing Journal of India. 108:61-63. (ISSN 0029-6503).
- Sasikumar S, Fathima Latheef (2017). Correlation between blood glucose and body mass index (BMI) among type 2 diabetics. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharma. 8:97-101.
- Sasikumar S, Fathima Latheef (2017). Effects of mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) on stress, depression and mindfulness among Type 2 Diabetics - A randomized pilot study. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. 16(4):654-659.
- Sasikumar S, Adiga KR, George A (2014). Effectiveness of mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) on stress and anxiety among elderly residing in residential homes. International journal of nursing care. 2:81-85.
- Sasikumar S, Adiga KR, George A (2014). Impact of mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) on depression among elderly residing in residential homes. The nursing journal of India. 105: 4-7.
- Sasikumar S (2009). Eye care after cataract surgery. Nurses of India. 10:11-12.
- Sasikumar S(2009). Descriptive research design. Nurses of India. 10:12-14.
- Sasikumar S(2008). Stump care and stump exercises among below knee amputees. Nurses of India. 9:4-5